ExamsNo matter how diligent you are in your home dental care regimen, you should still get a dental exam and cleaning twice per year. The importance of regular dental exams cannot be overemphasized - dental exams are the cornerstone of good dental health. In particular, regular checkups are essential for early detection of more serious problems. Early detection makes treatment easier, less expensive, and more effective.
- Examine and assess gum health; test for gum disease.
- Examine any existing tooth decay.
- Take and analyze x-rays, which may reveal decay, tumors, cysts, and other problems.
- Screen for the presence of oral cancer.
- Verify the stability of any existing fillings or other restorations.
Routine dental care should be scheduled as follows:
- Adults should visit the dentist twice per year. This includes individuals with Partial Dentures.
- Children should also visit the dentist two times per year, as well as receive a fluoride treatment twice per year until age 18.
- Children who are currently wearing braces should still visit the dentist for a cleaning and exam two times per year in addition to their periodic visits to the orthodontist as required.
- Patients with full-mouth dentures should be examined by a dentist at least 1 time per year.
Dr. Robert Moulton
Dr. Paul Modic
Dr. Julie Murphy
Refresh Dental - Wexford
9758 Perry Hwy
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: (412) 635-9355